ASL interpretation is provided.
Some highlights from this news conference include:
- We have now administered more than 2.4 million total doses of the COVID-19 vaccine! Around 55% of all eligible people in Utah have gotten at least one dose, and we expect that number to go up.
- Nationally, 4% of 12-15 year olds have received at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine. In Utah, we are leading that percentage with 9%. Almost 20,000 kids in this age group have received their first dose!
- Vaccinations in our multicultural communities continue to improve. As of yesterday, 41.8% of Asian adults, 34.6% of Hispanic adults, 24% of Black adults, and 23.4 % of our Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander community have received at least one dose.
- We will sign the bill that removes mask mandates in school this fall.
- We are heading into what could be the worst drought and fire season that we’ve seen in Utah. If you’re camping, driving a trailer, or shooting, be aware of your surroundings.
- The state is also doing its part. We’re working on conservation efforts, xeriscaping and more.