“Marylanders deserve the most capable, experienced, and dedicated representatives,” said Governor Hogan. “These appointments reflect the diversity of our state, and I am confident that these appointees will help us continue to change Maryland for the better.”
A list of appointments can be found here. Among the appointees are the following:
Accountability and Implementation Board Nomination Committee
- Edward Root, Ed.D. Dr. Root served as a member and chair of the Maryland State Board of Education and the Allegany County Board of Education. He is a retired professor and former Dean of Education for Frostburg State University.
- Rose Li, Ph.D. Dr. Li operates her own consulting company, and also runs the Li Educational Foundation. She has served on the Maryland State Board of Education since 2016, and is stepping down at the end of June when her term expires.
Health Services Cost Review Commission
- Adam E. Kane, Esq. Mr. Kane currently serves as chair of the commission and has been redesignated as chair again. He is an attorney and managing director of corporate affairs for Redwood Capital Investments.
- Maulik S. Joshi, Dr.Ph. Dr. Joshi is president and CEO of Meritus Health and has over 27 years of healthcare executive experience.
- Shelley L. Heller. Ms. Heller has been county administrator for Kent County since 2015. She serves on the Legislative Committee for Maryland Association of Counties.
- Marian C. Hwang, Esq. Ms. Hwang is a principal and chair of the Environmental and Energy Practice of Miles & Stockbridge in Baltimore. She is currently serving on the Judicial Nominating Commission for Baltimore City.
- The Honorable Robert R. Neall. Mr. Neall is a former delegate, senator, county executive, and secretary of the Maryland Department of Health.
The governor has previously announced the appointment of The Honorable Frederic N. Smalkin, former chief judge for the U.S. District Court of Maryland.
Semiquincentennial Commission (America 250)
- Nina J. Easton. Ms. Easton has been named chair of the commission. She is an author, journalist, TV commentator, entrepreneur, and film producer.
- Kris A. Hoellen. Ms. Hoellen is the executive director of the B&O Railroad Museum. She is the former senior vice president of the National Aquarium in Baltimore City.
- Reggie Turner. Mr. Turner currently serves on the Commission on African American History and Culture.
- Lindsey Baker. Ms. Baker is the executive director of Maryland Humanities.
- Jack Broderick. Mr. Broderick currently serves on the Bay Bridge Reconstruction Advisory Group. He is president of the Kent Island Heritage Society.
- Isiah “Ike” Leggett. Mr. Leggett is the former county executive for Montgomery County and he is the former president of the Maryland Association of Counties (MACo). He served in the U.S. Army and earned the Vietnam Service Medal and Bronze Star Medal for his service in the Vietnam War.
Maryland Auto Insurance Fund
- Ann Cox Ansel. Ms. Ansel is the current board chair. She has worked in both the insurance and banking industry, and currently handles wealth management for clients.
- Robert McKinney. Mr. McKinney is a principal at McKinney Public Affairs Counseling, a company offering public policy consulting to companies and organizations.
- Kara King Bess. Ms. Bess is the vice president and CPA at King King & Associates, P.A., a full-service public accounting firm.
- Morgan State University Board of Regents
- Emily Hunter. Ms. Hunter is the principal of Arlington Elementary-Middle School in the Baltimore City Public School System.
- Washington Suburban Transit Commission
- Col. Donald G. Drummer. Col. Drummer is a retired colonel in the U.S. Army, who also served as director of the Aviation Logistics Organization for the Federal Aviation Administration.